Monday, June 3, 2013

If Only........

3 John 1:4 NIV

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

I don't know about you...but I feel like I have had a blessed life. God has blessed me with a great family thst I love so much five super children and a beautiful granddaughter! He blessed me with an overall sucessfull career, etc. There are some things though in my life that "if only" I could go back and do differently. ..I would.

“If only......” is a haunting phrase. It implies that you failed and that you wish you could go back and do things differently.

When we dare to see the truth and accept responsibility for our life, we may feel sad and ashamed. We may regret our irresponsibility and destructive behavior, and wish to erase our past. The Bible is full of stories of regret. This Bible shows us how many of our troubles are a direct consequence of our irresponsibility.

When we are irresponsible in our relationship with God and others, our situation will grow progressively worse. The process of our spiritual renewal may start out painfully. When we confess the truth about ourself...it hurts. But as we begin to see the truth, speak the truth, and accept responsibility for our life...we’ll discover the great relief and hope that God offers.

When you are irresponsible in your relationship with God and others, your situation will grow progressively worse. The process of your spiritual renewal may start out painfully. When you confess the truth about yourself, it hurts. But as you begin to see the truth, speak the truth, and accept responsibility for your life, you’ll discover the great relief and hope that God offers.
 
“My one regret in life is that I’m not someone else.” -Woody Allen (1935-    ) Quote taken from a Daily New Life

No comments:

Post a Comment