Sunday, June 9, 2013

Suffering? Remember God's Unfailing Love

No one is exempt from suffering. The people we think deserve it the least are often the ones faced with it. Whatever the situation or whenever our heart is breaking, God wants us to give our grief and sorrow to Him. He’s the one who mends broken hearts.

Jeremiah....known as the weeping prophet...watched as his nation was taken captive and almost completely destroyed, because of it's refusal to surrender to God. He cried out these words....as it took place.

Lamentations 3:18-20 NLT

I cry out, “My splendor is gone! Everything I had hoped for from the Lord is lost!” The thought of my suffering and homelessness is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss.

Lamentations 3:21-23 NLT

Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.

We all get in to feeling sorry for ourselves. But before we stay there, we must remember our hope: God’s love is unfailing....and it never ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment